- Copying text from a web page.
- Clicking links.
- Entering data into forms and submitting them.
- Iterating through search results pages.
- Downloading files (PDF, MS Word, images, etc.).
- Very mature - has been under continuous development since 2002.
- Can handle just about any website you throw at it, including sites that use AJAX.
- Scraping processes can run uninterrupted for weeks or months.
Integrates with existing systems
- Invoke screen-scraper from .NET, Java, Ruby, PHP, or just about any other language.
- Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and any other OS that supports Java.
- Can call out to external applications using a variety of methods and APIs.