Scrape auto data
Thousands of autos for sale are posted online everyday. This data can be easily extracted and stored in a database or spreadsheet for offline use. In addition to scraping information such as make, model, and price, images and related files can also be downloaded.
We provide an example of extracting autos for sale in a scrape that will gather auto data from the usedcars.com web site. To use it just follow the steps below.
To use the usedcars.com scrape:
- If you haven't already, download and install screen-scraper.
- Download the scraping session using the button on the right.
- Import the scraping session into screen-scraper.
- Modify the search zip code for the scraping session by editing the "usedcars.com - Init" script.
- Run the scraping session. In screen-scraper's "output" folder (within the directory where screen-scraper is installed) you'll find a "cars.csv" file containing the downloaded data.